Back to Home Page
Worldwide, organized by location, family name
The goal of this list is to help Nike people who served together find each other.
People listed here would like to hear from their old friends. Give it a try - fun.
To update your e-mail address please click here.
Clicking on a high-lighted person name should cause your browser to pop up an e-mail window with the named person's supplied e-mail address already entered. If an e-mail address was not supplied, the name is not high-lighted, and a postal address or other access method is in the text.
Firing batteries and directors -
and Training Schools and Firing Ranges -
Alabama, Alaska, Belgium, Crazyfornia*, Connecticut, Denmark, Florida, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Italy, Japan, Kansas, Korea, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, NewJersey, NewMexico, NewYork, Norway, Ohio, Okinawa, Pennsylvania, RhodeIsland, SouthDakota, Spain, Taiwan, Texas, Turkey, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
and Companies -
Johnston Atoll, McGregorRange, FtBliss, FtChurchill, NAMFI, RedCanyonRange, RedStone, Sardinia, SeaRange, WhiteSandsProvingGround,
and Other -
Bell Telephone Labs, Douglas Aircraft, Western Electric, Sierra Research Corp.
Other Nike oriented people lists include:
- Nike Ajax and Hercules Ordnance Support Units
David Dunn mentioned:
"By the way, Facebook has a growing community of Nike and ADA veterans.
- Air Defense Artillery, USA - http://www.facebook.com/groups/6141153946/10150337662348947/
- Nike Missile Veterans and Friends - http://www.facebook.com/groups/19299894525
- Ft. Hancock Nike Association - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/248602735156407/
- Providence Defense Area Nike Missile Sites - ttp://www.facebook.com/groups/117821404985742
- Nike Hercules ADA In Germany - http://www.facebook.com/groups/62060266832/10150485275981833/
Being behind enough already, I (Ed Thelen) haven't joined and can't view.
Who are "Nike People"? Certainly U.S. Army, National Guard, and military people of other nations who worked at Nike oriented sites, radar centers, service centers, training centers, test and proficiency ranges, and headquarters. I also include civilians who designed, manufactured, serviced, and tested (such as White Sands) Nike equipment and trained Nike people (such as at Ft. Bliss) and help restore Nike sites.
Fillout and send the following form. (Lots of forms - just like any army ;-)
- Military unit designations on foreign soil (not U.S.) are not be from official sources.
- They are as supplied by individuals whose memories may be almost as faded as mine :-((
- Please do not include your training if any at Ft. Bliss - (too much work for me.).
- Please try to use location codes in Locations of Former Nike Sites (text)
- (Example "C-41")
- I ask for location as that is the way this web site is organized.
If you don't even give what country, we will start an unnecessary dialog.
Some folks assume that I know where every unit was at any given day
- wrong - I don't track units, just concrete and people.
(The Army can create/rename units faster than lightning, and move them at jet speed - a lot faster than my mind. Some sites in the U.S. had 5 different Army or National Guard unit designations in 20 years.)
- If you served at more than two locations, send more forms ;-)) just like the Army :-|
- If you have an interesting Nike related story, please consider the stories web page
- To update e-mail address, please do the following
- fill in "family name" and "given name"
- place NEW e-mail address in "e-mail address (Preferred)"
- place OLD e-mail address in "Comments" area of the form
- (I can find all your listings using the OLD e-mail address)
- To change/addto your comments, use the below form, or just send e-mail.
- If the form below does not work for you, please send the below requested information in regular e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I acknowledge each listing as I post it, if e-mail address is supplied. The increasing use of "spam filters" is interfering with these replies.
Good stuff happens
Policy change: More comments allowed When this list started, I figured that
- download speeds were low - disk costs high
and kept listings terse (short).
Now that many folks have higher speed internet connections, and disk space is cheap
- I'm relaxing the "rules" and making things more friendly.
If you are already listed, and wish to add more comments, to your listing, please send them.
If you would like to be listed, click here .
If you have comments or suggestions, Send e-mail to Ed Thelen
Back to Home Page
Go to top of Page
Originated Feb, 1998
Updated April 14, 2012