Back to Home Page
An "interesting" day
PC "Crash" Mac Crash I Crash ;-)) - from the Internet ;-))
PC "Crash"Last Wednesday, I had a hacking wheeeezing cold
- but a hot idea for the web site.
OK, so it is midnight
- I had slept 18 hours already -
So I bundled up, gobble cold pills
- and "went to work".
I type madly for a while on my PC ...
- at 3 AM a box appears on my screen
- - something about automatic updates
- - need to restart this computer
- I click the "LATER" box and take a short break
I return to find the machine re-booting
- "LATER" was not much later :-((
- maybe half an hour of great ideas and typing down the tube :-((
I say some harsh words
- which wake my wife in the next room
- by now suffering from "my" cold -
She is not overjoyed being waked at 3 AM to harsh words
- no matter how justified
- and change the PC security updates from 3 AM to manual -
Mac CrashSo I go off to play with my Mac
- seeking comfort and stability
That same day
- the Mac cursor and keyboard suddenly become non-responsive.
No "blue screen of death",
- but the message I must restart :-(((
And there were several more screens of dump - but likely no one cares ;-))
Steven Winegarden < winegarden.net at sbcglobal dot net > replied:
I had exactly the same thing last evening shortly after 10. Had never seen it before. Wondered if it was some kind of virus. System was non responsive. After it rebooted the time stamp on files I was downloading was 3 hours early. Did not take pictures but glad to see you did. Thanks, Steve
I Crash ;-))
As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I rapidly realized that I don't care. It's the tortoise life for me!
And you tell me to exercise?? I don't think so.
- If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
- A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat.
- A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.
- A tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years.
I'm retired. Go around me!
Back to Home Page