Back to Home Page
This item was sent to me by Leroy Lewis,
and had obviously been forwarded through many hands
I'm told that there is a huge rock near a gravel pit on Hwy.25 in rural Iowa. For generations, kids have painted slogans, names, and obscenities on this rock, changing its character many times. A few months back, the rock received its latest paint job, and since then it has been left completely undisturbed. It's quite an impressive sight. Be sure to scroll down and check out the multiple photos (all angles) of the rock. I thought the flag was draped over the rock, but it's not. It's actually painted on the rock too.
Here's the artist Ray "Bubba" Sorensen.
AWESOME Work, RAY...Thank you!
"God Bless America"
"Our Soldier's & Vet's"
I suppose I will get snotty-grams from ACLU types that
but we country hicks who like freedom and promote democracy need a little fun also.
- A picture of the American flag is passing over the Internet, that had been federally funded
- The flags of Ghengis Khan, Napoleon, Stalin, Ho Chi Minh, and other civic leaders they support were not given equal time.
- The river in the background is under federal jurisdiction, and an American flag should not be in the foreground.
- City slicker liberals were excluded.
- The New York Times was not notified in a timely manner
- ... and other ding bat stuff they are so good at ...
(What liberal leader promotes helping anyone get democracy? Can you name one??)
--Ed Thelen - firstname.lastname@example.org